Thursday, March 8, 2012

Secret by Morinda Montgomery


What do you get when you arrange a marriage between fire and ice? Morgan’s world is turned upside down when she is forced into an engagement to Brian DeMacleo. Brian is an infuriating, overbearing, conceited, arrogant bastard who does nothing but treat her like a child. Not only does Brian have to deal  with his...condition... but now he has to deal with the lovely Morgan. Or rather, the not so lovely as personality goes. The woman does nothing but argue and try to irritate him. At least they can find some common ground in that neither of them wish to get married. They will get out of the marriage no matter what it takes. But can they keep their secrets as the moons cycle continues?




Morinda Montgomery spent most of her time blending in, it wasn’t until her last 2 years of high school that she became truly interactive with others and now she doesn’t know a stranger, believing you can learn any number of interesting things from many different people. Her love of writing came before the growth of her curiosity however. She wrote many poems and short stories. Secret wasn’t the first ‘novel’ completed by the young author, it is however the first to be published. Many more are expected in the years to come.

Do you have a specific writing style?


I guess I would have to say I’m a first person writing style, I also like to switch from one person to another, to give you a better insight to the book and a variety.

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?


A bit of both. I try to pull from a variety of inspirations, books I’ve read, stories my mom told me, things that have happened to me, my family, and friends.

What books have most influenced your life most?


The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series, The Fever Series, and The Immortals After Dark Series.

Do you see writing as a career?


Yes, I certainly hope so. I love to write, I’ve always had little stories and things going through my head, I thank my mother for that. I love to read and I only hope that my books can bring the kind of pleasure to others that the books I read do.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?


Maybe, but only a few things. I would have researched a bit better I think, other than that I’m happy with the way things played out.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?


I was in 4th grade writing class, we had to write a short story, I wrote Rugra and the Fox and let a local children’s author read it. She told me I had a talent and I took it to heart.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?


Sure, I’m writing about Vampires and Werewolves deep in the highlands.

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?


I would have to say that I like the intensity of Karen Marie Moaning, the brutality of J.R. Ward, and the edge of Kresley Cole. I will always admire the historical angle of Hannah Howell as well.

Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)?


Not yet, but I might in the future, my Fiancé would like that.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?


Finishing it maybe, either that or actually turning it over to be edited.

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?


I didn’t really learn anything until it got to the editorial stages, I learned that spell check is not always my friend and that my grammar is horrible.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?


Enjoy the book and if you have any story ideas, push forward with them! The best of luck to your escape from reality!

What were the challenges (research, literary, psychological, and logistical) in bringing it to life?

Well, I had trouble focusing on my writing when I picked up a good book, I wanted to read more than I wanted to write. Also I had a lot of trouble with my grammar.

What books have influenced your writing?


Nearly every one I’ve ever read. I can’t say that any specific book inspired everything, but I can say that I have tried out a few different writing styles for myself and that even if I like a writing style it doesn’t mean I can write that way.

What genre do you consider your book(s)?


Paranormal Romance. I don’t think I have anything other than that.

Do you ever experience writer's block?


All the time! The way I get through it is to write something else or to just walk away for a while.

Do you write an outline before every book you write?


Not really. I just kind of get an idea off what I want and then go for it.

Have you ever hated something you wrote?


Yes, I have thrown away a few things.

What is your favorite theme/genre to write about?

Love? I’m not really sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment